Who We Are:
The Walker Marchant Group (WMG) is a PR and strategic communications agency with a passion for putting our clients in the best light possible. WMG’s strategic communication services are designed to help our clients define their unique stories and share their messages with the public. Through media relations, corporate communications, brand management, issues management, litigation communications and community outreach, we pride ourselves in achieving great results for our clients through our many disciplines.
The Assistant Account Executive (AAE) will work closely with senior team members to help implement communications strategies and support writing, editing, media relations, pitch development and research that contributes to results that matter to our clients. The AAE will assist with the day-to-day duties and responsibilities of supporting client projects, planning and/or attending events, and managing the Office of the CEO. As a self-motivator, the AAE will thrive in a fast-paced environment, think quickly on his/her feet, have strong writing and verbal communication skills, and be a team player. This position requires high-energy, organizational and multi-tasking skills, and the ability to work overtime when needed.
- Provide support for daily client needs, scheduling, planning, account coordination, invoicing, timeline review, and logistics
- Assist with development and drafting of client documents and presentations, such as news releases, community profiles, fact sheets, presentations and other collateral materials, as needed
- Coordinate meetings for both internal staff and clients, developing meeting minutes and activity reports as necessary
- Handle daily media monitoring and analysis
- Build media lists and assist with other media activities, as needed
- Provide support for background research to inform team and aid program development
- Provide planning and onsite logistical support for events
- Task interns and providing feedback on work.
- Assist in managing internal social media platforms and marketing initiatives
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO's schedule is followed and respected
- Research, prioritize, and follow-up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (in journalism, communications, public relations, English, or related field is preferred)
- 2 years work experience (past experience in the public relations or communication experience is a plus)
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention-to-detail, and ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding writing, presentation, and communication skills. Experience with public relations writing and event planning is a plus.
- Experience with media monitoring, research, analysis and information synthesis.
Job Type: Full-time